UKC

Climbers club site 'not found'?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

It looks like there are problems with the CC website, I haven't been able to access for over a week. Keep getting 'not found' responses, which is a bit of a problem for hut bookings. I was wondering whether anyone knows what's going on with the site?

jezb1 07 Nov 2023
In reply to Colin Scotchford:

If you’re on Facebook there’s a thread on the members page.

I believe it has been fixed, worth trying to clear your browser’s cache and trying again, or trying a different browser.

They seem to have about 3 different URLs, which is odd. But this one works:

https://theclimbers.club/docs/membership/about-the-club

In reply to jezb1:

Thanks Jez, I have tried several browsers across several unconnected devices without success. Will try cache clearing.

Pedro50 07 Nov 2023
In reply to jezb1:

Dumb question, how do you clear a cache on an android phone?

Andy Manthorpe 07 Nov 2023
In reply to Pedro50:

Settings; Apps; Select the browser app you use; Storage; then Clear cache.

hope that helps.

spenser 07 Nov 2023

Climbers-club.co.uk is working again now, the web master had a bit of a fight with it last week.

I wouldn't touch the one Gordon posted with a barge pole, to the best of my knowledge the club has only one website and that is climbers-club.co.uk

In reply to spenser:

The web address above is for the membership applications forms which rest outside the website hence the unusual but correct address.

For the record the site went down due to a change made, and messed up, by our hosting company. 

spenser 08 Nov 2023
In reply to Trevor Langhorne:

Fair enough, it's worth being cautious about putting in data to unusual web addresses as they can be used by people impersonating the organisation.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...