UKC

Masters Research - Pulley Injury Survey

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Angus Taylor 20 Mar 2024

Hi all,

I'm conducting a survey as part of a physio masters - we're looking into different health professionals' approaches to managing pulley injuries. This could be physiotherapist, occupational therapist, GP, surgeon etc, anyone involved in the process.

If anyone is a health professional with experience managing pulley injuries, or knows anyone who fits this profile, we'd really appreciate it if you could take the time to fill in the survey and increase the reliability of the study! The survey is 12 questions long, and should take 5-10mins to complete.

If you're able to fill the survey in but able to share it that would also be really valuable.

The survey can be found here:

bit.ly/pulleyinjurysurvey

Thanks so much folks!

Angus Taylor

*This is posted with permission from UKClimbing*

OP Angus Taylor 20 Mar 2024
In reply to Angus Taylor:

Should read 'If you're NOT able to fill the survey in but able to share it that would also be really valuable.'

Thanks!

Maximusf 20 Mar 2024

I pulled a pulley a while ago, health professionals at a walk in centre had no idea what I'd done and where reluctant to advise physio but they seemed optimistic it would heal. Generally my experience of soft tissue issues is that they tend to take the wait and see approach.

In reply to Maximusf:

Sounds like you need to see a physio who knows what they're talking about! 

OP Angus Taylor 30 Mar 2024
In reply to Maximusf:

Interesting to hear, I hope you had a good outcome! I guess this is why we're interested in finding out what approaches people are taking, and hopefully we can gather some useful information from those who have more in-depth experience that could be used by those that currently don't (: 

shaun walby 01 Apr 2024

Yer ive had this injury, iam a physiotherapist and did end up consulting with a surgeon....i fill it it.

Shaun

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...