UKC

Not at Millstone! Not again...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Isaac_Blanc 01 Apr 2024

Shocked and saddened to see this on my Instagram feed today. Does anyone know what club he belongs to? And does anyone have a spare pitch fork?

Millstone Edge

Jordan-L 01 Apr 2024
In reply to Isaac_Blanc:

I think it would get a higher grade if climbed with a pitch fork, at least P6+. 

Post edited at 10:19
 nigel n 01 Apr 2024
In reply to Isaac_Blanc:

Have you checked the date?

oliver_tippett 01 Apr 2024
In reply to nigel n:

I know! Very unlikely to be in good winter nick this late in the year, though someone said Kinder is in so maybe?

climber34neil 01 Apr 2024
In reply to oliver_tippett:

Thawed out by 9 am sadly, but managed a tooling lap on rubicon so not a total waste of time this morning 

Graeme Hammond 01 Apr 2024
In reply to oliver_tippett:

> I know! Very unlikely to be in good winter nick this late in the year, though someone said Kinder is in so maybe?

It was this morning https://www.instagram.com/p/C5NopKit9nk/?igsh=YW42N3Fuem4xMmY2

climber34neil 01 Apr 2024
In reply to Graeme Hammond:

You must have been there early,  I spent an hour trying to get screws to stay in running water,  ended up having to bolt it instead 

Rog Wilko 01 Apr 2024
In reply to Isaac_Blanc:

When you look carefully at his right foot you might agree that it looks very much like a photoshop job.

In reply to Rog Wilko:

> When you look carefully at his right foot you might agree that it looks very much like a photoshop job.

Do you think Kate has been at it again?

Lankyman 01 Apr 2024
In reply to Isaac_Blanc:

Look at all that unsightly chalk

Maggot 01 Apr 2024
In reply to Lankyman:

How do you tick mark a chalk route? 😂

Michael Hood 01 Apr 2024
In reply to Maggot:

> How do you tick mark a chalk route? 😂

Can't remember which Crags magazine it was, but a quite early one from the mid-70s when chalk was still being argued about (Ken Wilson's "John Allen frees Great Wall but uses chalk", etc) - they did a brilliant spoof article about having discovered that when Alistair Crowley did an ascent of Etherelda's Pinnacle on Beachy Head in the 1890's (?), he'd committed the ultimate ethical indiscretion by using powdered gritstone on chalk 😁

IIRC there was a picture of Gabe Regan absolutely covered in chalk that accompanied this.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...