UKC

Wharncliffe route details

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 RM199 18 Apr 2024

Hi all

after some detailed information on locations of various routes at my local crag wharncliffe. 

I have the definitive guide and a fairly recent Rockfax, but there’s still loads of stuff in the logbook page I’m struggling to find in the ground. Quite a few have descriptions which is great and I’ve mostly found (and ticked) these where I can but the ones without take some guess work. (Ie lots in the letter box buttress bit…) Is there another resource people are using to locate them?

I believe offwidth used to have a site with loads of routes listed at wharncliffe but I can’t seem to find in anymore

Wharncliffe Crags.

thanks in advance 

spenser 18 Apr 2024
In reply to RM199:

https://offwidth.uptosummit.com/

That's the site but you need a flash compatible browser to access it, I am sure Steve will be along shortly when he's done putting his head above the parapet about BMC stuff.

Offwidth 18 Apr 2024
In reply to RM199:

Email me through my profile with a telephone number. The Offwidth site is the work of myself and my partner Lynn Robinson. One of our favourite crags and one of the best winter venues in the Peak.  We tried to list everything we know of at lower grades (quite a few more than are in the latest BMC definitive and not all of which seems to be in the logbooks).

Steve

Mini Mansell 18 Apr 2024
In reply to RM199:

I worked through the crags last year and added OS grid ref's to most if not all.

i know they show on the brower,  not sure they show on the rockfax app yet.

Graeme Hammond 18 Apr 2024
In reply to RM199:

Would be up for working out some of the more obscure stuff and creating some topos if/updating descriptions if required. Is pretty easy to do using the new topo function:

https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crags/wharncliffe_crags-85/#topos

I installed a flash plug in for chrome at work this afternoon and the Offwidth site seemed to work fine still

Post edited at 18:13
 Offwidth 18 Apr 2024
In reply to Graeme Hammond:

We've updated our records several times since the last update on the Website. We still go there a lot for a combined climb and meet up with the Brown's.

Happy to help if you decide to do something. I'd also love to trawl the edge with a small bouldering 'crew' to specifically fill in the many good lower grade bouldering lines (Jon Fullwood & friends have done that for mid grade and harder stuff), especially so around Deepcar crag.

OP RM199 19 Apr 2024
In reply to Graeme Hammond:

I was wondering about something similar myself Graham. Or possibly something a little more substantial…

OP RM199 19 Apr 2024
In reply to Offwidth:

Thanks Steve will do

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...