UKC

Can't see partners logbook properly

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mike-W-99 07 Mar 2022

This is an odd one. I've got my logbook set to partners only, and they can see my logbook.

However if they then select a climb I have done it shows my entry up as hidden. If I change my logbook to public this resolves itself.

Looks like a bug? We can reproduce it with me looking at their logbook too.

In reply to Mike-W-99:

Yea that was a big should be fixed now. You may need to force reload the page as it may be cached.

OP Mike-W-99 07 Mar 2022
In reply to Andy Ovens - UKC and UKH:

Nice one, all looks good now.

climberchristy 07 Mar 2022

Sorry to hijack the thread, Andy, but I have noticed  a new potential glitch regarding partners as well.  If I click on a climb in my logbook, as usual it takes me to the route. Then if I scroll down I can see my logbook entry for that route as well as any partners' entries and any public logbook entries - all as per normal.

However, in my logbook entry where I can read any comments I wrote, I'm sure the partner I climbed it with was always visible, their name just sitting there below my notes. If they are a UKC user I'm sure their name always appeared as a hyperlink taking you to their logbook. However, now no partners are showing below my comments. This is the case for all routes going back ten years to when I first ever used UKC. I thought I had inadvertently clicked something to switch the feature off but one of my partners is saying the same thing has happened in her logbook too. Any ideas what's going on? Thanks, Christy

In reply to climberchristy:

Sorry this was also a bug! cheers for reporting, should be all good now (baring caching again)

In reply to Mike-W-99:

Yeh fixed thanks. Partners reappeared for every route in logbook, except, weirdly, not for just one route I did yesterday. That route was with a new partner who I only 'created' yesterday. Odd but not a problem. 

Thanks again for fixing. 

Hi Andy. As I said above mine is now fixed all bar one route. However a friend of mine says her logbook is still totally lacking partners. She's tried logging out and back in to ukc but not helped. Is there anything else she can do? 

Thanks

OP Mike-W-99 07 Mar 2022
In reply to Mike-W-99:

Ah, now it also shows my climbing parter as climbing routes with "with <em>hidden</em>" rather than me.

Graeme Hammond 07 Mar 2022
In reply to Mike-W-99:

> Ah, now it also shows my climbing parter as climbing routes with "with <em>hidden</em>" rather than me.

Noticed someone's else's log book with that name a few days ago as thier partner, thought they were just trying to be funny or something 

In reply to climberchristy:

Pretty sure this is a caching issue (as you visited the page recently). Can you try force refreshing it (or viewing on a different browser/device)

In reply to Mike-W-99:

This should be fixed now cheers

Yeh it was a caching issue. Cleared data cache and it's sorted, thanks. Will get my friend to do same tomorrow and see if her logbook resolves itself too. Thanks. 

OP Mike-W-99 08 Mar 2022

Thanks Andy, looks good.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...