UKC

Grade Order of Climbs on UKC

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 afx22 13 Jul 2017
On UKC, if I look up the climbs on a crag, then sort them in order of grade, they're shown mostly in order - but not quite.

For instance, at Cratcliffe, when you scroll down to the f6A climbs, the second climb is a f6A+ (Left Arête), then there are more f6A's, then a couple more f6A+, then more f6A's.

When I look at the climbs that I've logged, they're again generally in order but there are anomalies throughout.

I hope that makes sense

Does anybody know why?
 SenzuBean 13 Jul 2017
In reply to afx22:

I think it's sorted by the average voted grade, rather than the actual listed grade.
 The Ivanator 13 Jul 2017
In reply to afx22:

I think is down to some sort of residual glitch from when Rockfax grades (in areas they cover) were imposed on UKC logbooks a couple of years ago. Where the old UKC and the newly applied Rockfax grade are out of sync is where the anomalies seem to occur.
In reply to The Ivanator:

> I think is down to some sort of residual glitch from when Rockfax grades (in areas they cover) were imposed on UKC logbooks a couple of years ago. Where the old UKC and the newly applied Rockfax grade are out of sync is where the anomalies seem to occur.

I strongly suspect this is the case. We have a complete restructure of the grading system planned for the future which should iron-out all these problems.

Alan
 Toerag 14 Jul 2017
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

Are you going to introduce E0? . Whilst we're on the subject, the ability to give a climb multiple grades would be great, for instance we've some trad climbs here that are DWSable, so the ability to show both systems would be great.
 Mr. Lee 14 Jul 2017
In reply to Toerag:

Yeah I've thought a similar thing. A lot of routes out there with mixed styles of climbing on the same route. WI and M grades for example.
 d_b 14 Jul 2017
In reply to Toerag:

Nooooo!

E0 only exists for people who can't accept that they only lead HVS, and for tiresome troll arguments about "That Route". Adding it as an actual grade would open all high end HVS to the same treatment and would cause the UKC rocktalk forum to irrevocably slide into the pit of madness.

This would force the UKC staff to waste time digging a bigger madness pit. The Pub and Off Belay already have it overflowing as it is.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...