UKC

Logbook bouldering recording query

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

I have my user options for bouldering set to V grade however my logbook records my ascents as a mixture of both V grades & font grades. Does anyone know why this happens? Thanks.

In reply to Christheclimber:

Bump

SDM 23 Jun 2020

This is presumably part of the same issue: I have grades set to Font grades but lots of crag pages display mostly Font grades but with a handful of V grades mixed in.

An example in case it helps diagnose the problem: at Beginner's Wall at  Blackwell DaleMike's Problem Sit-start (V11)Man of Plastic (V6) and Beginners’ Dyno (f6C) all display as V grades, everything else is Font grades.

The climbs that display as V grades on the crag page also display as V grades in your logbook once logged.

This is fixed now.

thepodge 23 Jun 2020
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH:

I've had this problem, I'll have to check when I get back that it's fixed. 

There are also some problems in the guide book that you can only log as trad climbs. 

Hi Paul, thanks for doing that.

Chris

In reply to thepodge:

Hi, can you send me a link to the problem this occurs on please?

In reply to SDM:

This was a separate issue but it's fixed too.

In reply to thepodge:

Hi there,

Are you referring to the Rockfax app here?

Cheers,
Martin

SDM 23 Jun 2020

It is now fixed on my logbook. But on the crag pages, the grade for all sport routes or boulder problems is now displaying as "undefined" and trad routes are displaying as "undefined 6b".

steveriley 23 Jun 2020
In reply to SDM:

Exactly that...

Post edited at 12:24

fammer 23 Jun 2020

My logbook is now showing a problem with routes grades coming up as 'undefined'. It seems to be happening for every route at some crags, but not at all for other. If I click on a route the route page shows the correct grade. 

My logbook is also ok.

In reply to SDM:

I believe it was a caching issue, so we've temporarily turned off caching on the crag page. Should work now

probablylost 23 Jun 2020
In reply to Andy Ovens - UKC and UKH:

On a similar note I've just noticed I can't sort or filter by grade any more. I also occasionally get a message saying:

"DataTables warning: table id=climb_table - Requested unknown parameter 'gradetype' for row 20, column 7. For more information about this error, please see http://datatables.net/t"

In reply to probablylost:

Can you tell me what crag(s) this is happening to you on please?

thepodge 23 Jun 2020
In reply to Martin McKenna - Rockfax:

No, I have the paper guide book and use the website. I believe some climbs are listed as both routes and problems. For some reason the logbook only has them as routes. 

thepodge 23 Jun 2020

So I've never done any trad but my graph says I have and, I can't remember which ones other than 20 foot crack on Burbage. 

I'd upload a pic but it's saying I can upload files of that kind. 

In reply to thepodge:

The Graphs page uses the grade type that the climb was given in the database, we don't have the facility of setting 2 grades for the same climb unfortunately. As 20 Foot Crack (S 4b) is set as Severe (Trad), it shows as Trad in the text at the top of the graphs page.

We'd need to re-design the way the grades are saved and linked to ascents from the ground-up to fix that one text bug. It'd be a lot of work and also, the grades are already pretty complicated, making them more complicated could very well slow down a lot of the other pages like the My Logbook, Crag and Climb pages.

afx22 23 Jun 2020

This was broken for me but seems to be working.  I’d been meaning to raise the, so thanks for highlighting the issue and thanks for fixing it.

Wicamoi 24 Jun 2020

Hi Paul,

I have my user options set to Font grades, but in the "My Graphs" section of my logbook the "Average/Max Grades by Year"  appear as V grades, while just below the "Ascents by Grade" graph is in Font grades. I don't really care, but others might, and it seems like it might be an easy bug to fix.

thepodge 24 Jun 2020

Thanks for the reply, it's no major problem, just thought I'd highlight it while you were doing some updates. Thanks

thepodge 29 Jun 2020
In reply to Wicamoi:

I think I have a similar issue with grades and graphs. 

Average / max in f

Ascents in V

My user options are in V

Wicamoi 01 Jul 2020
In reply to thepodge:

Exactly the same but in reverse. Rockfax's silence suggests the problem must be harder to resolve than I imagined!

In reply to thepodge:

This should be fixed now, sorry it took a while. The whole graph page is a bit of a mess and needs a full re-write tbh. I'm sure there would be a lot of good user suggested graphs to add in to

thepodge 02 Jul 2020
In reply to Andy Ovens - UKC and UKH:

Had to do a hard reset but looking good now, thanks.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...