UKC

Raven Crag (Walthwaite)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 DMOB 29 Mar 2022

Unlike most of the crags in the Lakes affected by bird restrictions for some reason there isn't any of the usual red “Access” bird restriction guidance for Raven Crag (Walthwaite) in the crag description on the app. There have been reports of people climbing on the crag during this nesting season and it would be good to reduce the potential for this happening inadvertently. What is the mechanism for this update to happen?

Raven Crag (Walthwaite)

lanky and weak 29 Mar 2022
In reply to DMOB:

I arrived to climb there on Saturday.

There’s a giant BMC sign saying there’s a bird ban, it’s on the gate below the crag where you access it from the road. Naturally, I turned around and left. It would be pretty difficult to ‘inadvertently’ climb there. 

If people are climbing on it, they’re either blind or don’t give a s***. 

Neil Foster Global Crag Moderator 30 Mar 2022
In reply to lanky and weak:

.... or they arrived there completely unaware of the bird ban and, because there was no sign to inform them otherwise, they went climbing.  From what I understand, that was the situation for at least some of the recent 'transgressions' and insinuating that fellow climbers are blind, should be called out, or don't give a shit in such circumstances seems completely counter-productive to me...

Neil

In reply to DMOB:

I replied to you with the mechanism in the previous thread: https://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/crag_access/raven_crag_walthwaite_langdal...

Post edited at 09:11

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...