UKC

Friction - the new comic

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mark Kemball 01 Dec 2004
I've just bought a copy of this new mag, not read it from cover to cover yet, but it seems a good effort and good value at £2. It's good to see something different. Anyone else bought a copy yet? What do you think of it?
Iggy_B 01 Dec 2004
In reply to Mark Kemball: Where did you get it!!?
In reply to Iggy_B: They had them in Rocksport at the Edge yesterday.
Iggy_B 01 Dec 2004
In reply to Nick Smith - UKC: You think I can afford the Edge!?!
OP Mark Kemball 01 Dec 2004
In reply to Iggy_B:
> (In reply to Mark Kemball) Where did you get it!!?

From the Barn (Bude). Suddenly I don't feel like I'm living in the sticks!
OP Mark Kemball 02 Dec 2004
In reply to Mark Kemball: Bump! But seriously, has anyone else bought a copy and what do the think of it? I feel that it's a good effort and deserves support; ie go out and buy one. In the last 30 years I've seen a number of mags which did't get past their first issue. It would be a shame if that happened to "Friction". So if you think it's good, spread the word. (NB before anone starts suggesting it, I have no commercial interest in the mag beyond getting my own two quid's worth.)
In reply to Mark Kemball: Yes, just bought it from The Leeds Wall today, pretty damn good for £2 f you ask me, more of a mini book.
 Wingnut 02 Dec 2004
In reply to Mark Kemball:
Anyone know where you can get hold of it in the West Midlands area?
DaveYarwood 03 Dec 2004

Yeah, looks really good. you can tell they've put alot of effort into this first issue and has probably taken some time to produce so it will be interesting to see whether they can produce this quality to a deadline month after month.
 Little Brew 03 Dec 2004
In reply to Mark Kemball: it sounds worhth a read, but to second wingnut, where in the midlands has anyone see it on sale?!?

Jess.x
terrym 03 Dec 2004
> I've just bought a copy of this new mag, not read it from cover to cover yet, but it seems a good effort and good value at £2. It's good to see something different. Anyone else bought a copy yet? What do you think of it?

can it be better than Trail magazine?
OP Mark Kemball 03 Dec 2004
In reply to Davod the Great:
> (In reply to Mark Kemball)
>
> it will be interesting to see whether they can produce this quality to a deadline month after month.

I think the next one is supposed to be February, so perhaps it will only be every 2 months.

Richard Horn 06 Dec 2004

Bought a copy yesterday. Good article about Chris Sharma. Some of the comp stuff was a bit of old news but thought the rest was good, and even more so for £2.
Hotbad Peteel 06 Dec 2004
In reply to Little Brew:

Its on sale in boulder uk but blackburns not exactly midlands. Looked ok, but I don't think £2 is reasonable for something thats not got that much stuff in. Looked comparable to reading planetfear, ukbouldering, ukc and the other climbing sites but with thicker paper. My two pence worth but I never pay for magazines and certainly don't buy climbing mags anyway.
PT
 Little Brew 06 Dec 2004
In reply to Hotbad Peteel: found it in escape 2 in warwick, had a quick flick, not bad, but not sure its worth the £2 was loads of big glossy picks, not too much else. oh well back to climbing magazine.

Jess.x
 Allan Thomson 06 Dec 2004
I thought it was aimed at purely gritstone. Am I wrong?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...