UKC

VIDEO: Curbar Edge: Top Bouldering in the Peak District

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Videos 07 Mar 2024

Rob Greenwood, Tim Hill and Xa White show us around Curbar Edge in The Peak District.

Curbar is, in our opinion, one of the most underrated circuits in the Peak District. This isn’t to say Curbar is unpopular, because it isn’t. In fact, it’s home to one of the most popular boulders in the country - the Trackside Boulder; however, it’s all too easy to get stuck at that boulder - and many do - but the intention of this video is to encourage people to explore further, because there are some absolute gems further afield along the edge.

Watch the video: https://www.ukclimbing.com/videos/play.php?i=6274
 pencilled in 07 Mar 2024
In reply to UKC Videos:

I enjoyed watching this. It’s a refreshingly different take on a bouldering video and really nicely conceived and executed. 

steveriley 07 Mar 2024
In reply to UKC Videos:

Tell us more about engaging the buttocks please

In reply to steveriley:

In a day and age of fingerboarding I can’t help but feel like the legs, hips and bottom get forgotten all too frequently. It’s my completely in unqualified opinion to say that they matter far more on Grit than fingers do, but I’m sure now that I’ve said this I’ll think of 101 problems where finger strength is all-important (although I’m sure I could think of another 1001 where it isn’t).

That said, I’m not sure the world is ready for a video series of me extolling the virtues of buttock muscles…

In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

Spoken like a true runner

In reply to midgets of the world unite:

Of all the people who could have got back to me it’s the man with the world’s strongest fingers 😂

You're right about the running though.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...