UKC

NEWS: IFSC Lead and Speed World Cup Wujiang 2024 - Report

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 UKC News 15 Apr 2024

The first Lead and Speed World Cups of the season took place in Wujiang, China this weekend, just days after the Boulder World Cup in Keqiao wrapped up. As athletes target different events in this Olympic year, there were some unexpected results and memorable moments. Highlights include Sam Watson of the USA breaking the World Record twice in Speed, Janja Garnbret winning back-to-back gold, and Toby Roberts earning his second Lead victory as three GB Climbing athletes made finals. 

Read more

TheGeneralist 16 Apr 2024
In reply to UKC News:

Why do you indulge the Muppets who foisted speed climbing onto the scene by reporting it?

Why not ignore it and focus your reporting on the actual climbing, ie boulder and lead?

In reply to TheGeneralist:

Because it's a brilliant (Olympic!) sport and we don't report/not report on things based on the individual likes/dislikes of our readers.

Got a Speed-focused interview coming up just for you, though.

Post edited at 13:56
 uniquechill 16 Apr 2024

I  think a true Generalist should embrace all aspects of climbing.

Pedro50 16 Apr 2024

I have zero interest in speed climbing, it's akin to synchronised swimming.  However it is occurring and perfectly reasonable that UKC would report on it.

McHeath 16 Apr 2024
In reply to Pedro50:

I don‘t normally follow the Speed comps at all, but since having tried the standard route on TR with a magnificent time of ca. 2:30 I shall definitely be getting in some popcorn and beer and shall watch the Olympic event with enjoyment.

Michael Hood 17 Apr 2024
In reply to McHeath:

I presume that's 00:02:30 and not 02:30:00 🤣🤣🤣

McHeath 17 Apr 2024
In reply to Michael Hood:

Correct! Next time I shall try the Nakamura short cut dyno for 00:02:25 😁

Pedro50 17 Apr 2024
In reply to McHeath:

I can't do the top move annoyingly.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...