UKC

Best climbing wall midlands?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jessyb55 15 Oct 2022

I really rate awesome walls Sheffield for route quality and size and just letting you crack on with it, but, there’s a comp on tomorrow. Which other indoor lead wall is the best alternative an hour or so from  Leicestershire? 

Post edited at 19:13
 msjhes2 15 Oct 2022
In reply to jessyb55:

Does this mean AW is not open for normal lead climbing tomorrow?   

OP jessyb55 15 Oct 2022
In reply to jessyb55:

Not sure but it says … Unfortunately, this means that the centre’s central area will be out of action during the week leading up to the competition...  

so I take it that the big area in front of the cafe is out of bounds. Presume back section ok but will all the usual be crammed in there? I’m guessing it will be rammed but I’m not sure. 

thought it would be safer elsewhere but many walls just have either crap routes or arduous entry costs and procedures like “new” Warwick. 

msjhes2 16 Oct 2022
In reply to jessyb55:

I rang them, main wall is out until Wednesday.

OP jessyb55 16 Oct 2022
In reply to jessyb55:

Yeah it’s a shame but because of the comp I tried creation in Birmingham today. It was great. Friendly, good routesetting, loads of wall, cool angles, lots of new and interesting holds and a cafe that does a cup of tea for a quid. 

Cake 16 Oct 2022
In reply to jessyb55:

The foundry in Sheffield is still good for another time, and it's cheap

msjhes2 17 Oct 2022
In reply to Cake:

That is where I went, it brought back many memories, and they have a new bouldering area upstairs.

I was less happy about the new membership system though and having to get a new number after 28 years!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...