UKC

Big Depot - Leeds Wall Refurb

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Abu777 03 Mar 2023

Does anyone have any insight into when the Big Depot in Leeds is reopening and what is going on behind the big doors? Personally very much looking forward to having a shiny new climbing centre in my closest city but they're a bit tight-lipped about the detail and when it's actually going to open other than 'early 2023', which has kind of passed by my reckoning.

Kryank 03 Mar 2023
In reply to Abu777:

We were at Armley last night and asked as we were leaving, the staff didn’t say anything apart from they didn’t know and wait for an announcement, so still very tight lipped. 

In reply to Abu777:

I know! But I can't say!!

What I can say is WOW!!!

e.ms355 03 Mar 2023
In reply to Abu777:

I asked at Depot on Weds and they said April, after Easter but couldn't give an exact date but that was the approx date currently being thrown around

JMarkW 03 Mar 2023
In reply to Abu777:

I saw some photos last week. U will not be disappointed. Early April opening was also mentioned.

kerry cooper 03 Mar 2023
In reply to Abu777:

My o/h has been setting there this week, it's all finished now, so ready to go.

In reply to kerry cooper:

So lot's of reachy routes

leathers 24 Mar 2023
In reply to Abu777:

https://walltopia.com/projects/big-depot-leeds/

Goodness knows whether this is accurate or not but it is in the public domain!

acrkirby 24 Mar 2023
In reply to Abu777:

I can give the extremely undetailed yet true answer that the delay is due to Brexit.

Slightly more detailed answer is that the plumbers walked off and needed replacement or something along those lines. I think the walls are all built and set already from the rumours going around.

ro8x 24 Mar 2023
In reply to leathers:

Have seen some pictures and they tally up with the designs show on that site. Excited to try it out!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...