UKC

Chichester wall plans?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Chips4dayz 10 Aug 2022

Is any news of a quality wall and training facility opening around the Chichester area? 

There is so much potential with both access to train stations, direct links to London, along the coast, and amazing buildings/land nearby. 

The nearest quality walls are both 45 minutes to Southampton (Parthian) and Brighton so there is a huge gap in that location. 

I know there are a lot of small uni walls about and a small uni one opening in Portsmouth, but it could be such a good location for a mega wall. Not to forget all the schools around, and the increased interest in climbing as a sport.

NobleStone 10 Aug 2022
In reply to Chips4dayz:

Sounds like you found a gap in the market. You better get building!

WillD 11 Aug 2022
In reply to Chips4dayz:

Red spider near Fareham is pretty close to Chichester and it's much better than a uni wall, albeit only bouldering. It's not quite on the scale of Parthian though

In reply to Chips4dayz:

I've wondered this a few times, there are a lot of industrial estates locally that I'm sure would work well for a climbing gym and I imagine it'd draw quite a few people from this side of Portsmouth. But I've never really heard it mentioned before so I doubt there are any real plans.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...