UKC

Cockermouth wall

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mike123 22 Feb 2023

As most local climbers will know Cockermouth wall , housed in the leisure centre remains closed following the pandemic . At the moment Better  who run the leisure have no plans to reopen it . I think it would be  best not to speculate on a public forum about why or what their plans maybe or comment on what their attitude appears to be . However, myself and another couple of local climbers are going to make every effort to look into what the issues are, what can be done to help resolve then  and hopefully getting it reopened . A friend who is much more diplomatic than me is going to arrange to have a semi formal discussion with the leisure centre regarding this .  Please share this thread   With anybody who you think might be interested And reply with a thumbs up if you would like  to be added to an email list of people  interested in getting the wall reopened .Again , please note how careful I have tried to be not to speculate on this thread . 

Post edited at 07:57
 tmawer 22 Feb 2023
In reply to mike123:

👍

petegunn 22 Feb 2023
In reply to mike123:

👍

davepembs 22 Feb 2023
In reply to mike123:

👍

Tim Rodgers 23 Feb 2023
In reply to mike123:

👍

petros 23 Feb 2023
In reply to mike123: 

👍

In reply to mike123:

👍🏼

Jonathan Coles 23 Feb 2023
In reply to mike123:

Hi Mike, Pleased to hear you are doing this. I have been going in occasionally and asking what is going on. I have also written to the local MP, who said he would do something.

mattc33 23 Feb 2023
In reply to mike123:

👍

OP mike123 23 Feb 2023
In reply to mike123: thanks all . I hope to be able to report back soon with clear idea from the centre management of what the issues are . We will then organise a get together ( pub )  to see how we can help resolve them .

Post edited at 16:52
 biggianthead 27 Feb 2023
In reply to mike123:

Just spotted this thread. Well done

Phil

OP mike123 05 Mar 2023
In reply to mike123: a quick update to all those interested . My friend Rob met with the centre manager and thought  that he was keen to get the wall  reopened . What we thought might be reasonably large issues are hopefully no longer a problem . There are a couple of things that need to be put in place before the wall can be reopened but these should be straight forward to sort out and myself and Rob are trying to help make these happen . At the moment  We hope that there should be no need to raise money to pay for these but that might change. 

Spike 05 Mar 2023
In reply to mike123:

good stuff, well done, keep us locals updated - thank you

pebbles 05 Mar 2023
In reply to mike123:

Thumbs upped but not a local, just wanted to be supportive

jack89 06 Mar 2023
In reply to mike123:

Thanks Mike! I also have enquired a couple of times. Glad you are making progress! Let me know if I can support.

scottashworth 07 Mar 2023
In reply to mike123:

👍

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...