UKC

Farting

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 MonkeyPuzzle 23 Mar 2023

It would appear that at some point in the 18 months I've had away from the wall, that I've passed the point in my life where I can't do any strenuous moves without farting. How lucky that the pandemic drove so many indoor walls and bouldering centres to upgrade their air management systems because it's usually gone before people can pinpoint where and who it came from. That is apart from of course, like last night, when I audibly let rip at face height whilst making a big reach within a couple of metres of a group waiting for the adjacent problem (sorry ladies).

Fellow climbers over 40: Is this permanent and will things tighten up as I get stronger or will more powerful glutes just increase the volume and/or pitch?

montyjohn 23 Mar 2023
In reply to MonkeyPuzzle:

rocket power is cheating

OP MonkeyPuzzle 23 Mar 2023
In reply to montyjohn:

Felt like I was losing power if anything. Like leaky pneumatics.

Alkis 23 Mar 2023

In the interest of not incriminating myself I shall respond with "No comment, your honour!".

Sealwife 23 Mar 2023

Do a set of about 30 star jumps (outdoors please) before you climb.  That should rattle out some of the low lying farts before you start.

Howard J 23 Mar 2023

Embrace it, and learn to play La Marseillaise

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_P%C3%A9tomane

JLS 23 Mar 2023

Your contribution to climate change is noted. There will be a reckoning.

Greta

Power screaming is acceptable these days so I don't see why this shouldn't be. Fill your boots. Just ideally not literally.

Holdtickler 23 Mar 2023

adds a whole new dimension to coordination dynos Gotta time that rocket boost just right!

CantClimbTom 23 Mar 2023

You're not on some special Dave MacLeod diet for this are you? where you are only allowed to eat the gherkins sourced from the top of Big Macs or eat pickled eggs from Chip shops?

If so... tell us which walls you frequent so we can avoid

ExiledScot 23 Mar 2023

Just be happy you can fart with confidence. 

Holdtickler 23 Mar 2023
In reply to ExiledScot:

reminds me of that cheeky Queen of Thorns line from GoTs

Fat Bumbly2 23 Mar 2023

If you do go to, or back to The Greater Ranges,  please take care!

mountainbagger 23 Mar 2023

Being way too serious for the thread for a minute, but are you going to the wall after dinner?

You could try one of the following evading tactics:

https://www.wikihow.com/Conceal-Your-Farting-in-Public

> Fellow climbers over 40: Is this permanent and will things tighten up as I get stronger or will more powerful glutes just increase the volume and/or pitch?

It's permanent... a normal part of growing old. You've just announced to the world that you've made the transition from young whippersnapper to old fart.

Kryank 23 Mar 2023

Effort trumps are the over 40’s power scream! Embrace them! 😂

im off 24 Mar 2023

No. It's there to stay. The next phase is when you're no longer confident that it is just going to be a fart. 

midgen 24 Mar 2023

Main change I noticed post 40 is simply that your digestive systems needs managing, you can't just throw whatever you like at it any more and expect it to run smoothly.

Probably need to change your diet if gas is really a problem. 

ChrisJD 24 Mar 2023

You should appreciate this:

https://www.thepoke.co.uk/2023/03/17/olaf-falafel-fart-fitness-instagrammer...

... may contain gaseous content

Post edited at 09:11
 65 24 Mar 2023
In reply to midgen:

> Probably need to change your diet if gas is really a problem. 

This. 

I’m tend to be a bit gassy but I find during periods of Paleo/Keto type diets it pretty much stops. Beer and bread turn me into Charlie Parker and my vegetarian years were probably responsible for global warming.

OP: get a dog and take it to the wall with you.

OP MonkeyPuzzle 25 Mar 2023
In reply to mountainbagger:

> Being way too serious for the thread for a minute, but are you going to the wall after dinner?

Amazingly not. Relatively de-gassed. Relatively.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...