UKC

Is Crimpd + worth it?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Hi

I use Crimpd for training things like hamstring flexibility and shoulder engagement and I might upgrade to Crimpd +.

Does anyone else use the Crimpd App?

What are peoples thoughts on it. I think the App is really good for training certain aspects and I have found that the exercises really work.

Has anyone upgraded it to Crimpd +?

Is Crimpd + worth the money?

MS

Fishmate 28 Oct 2021
In reply to Mountain Spirit:

tbh, anything on the app can be found elsewhere online because it's 101 training for climbing. Because there is quite a bit on one app it is useful for people who don't understand protocols or why 4 reps will be a different exercise to 8 reps.

I think the free version is good but perhaps not worth paying extra just for flexibility and mobility work? If you find the whole app valuable, then it's probably worth the expense....

DaveHK 28 Oct 2021

I'm currently paying for the plus because I'm getting back into rock after a long layoff and I was completely out of touch with training methods. I've found it really useful in that regard. Once I'm a bit more clued up I'll probably return to the free version

I've only just this second learnt that this actually existes so I'll be keen to hear some reviews/beta...

I just thought he App was used as part of the Lattice plans and was thinking or giving one a go but from what I can see if you're motivated and use the + app you can save yourself a fair bit using this?

chadogrady 28 Oct 2021

Crimpd+ has some good training plan templates. 

I have used crimpd for the basis of my training for a few years now and upgraded to plus as I wanted to see what the extras were. I did 2 of the template plans (finger strength and flexibility) because I thought these were lacking on the project I was trying. 6 weeks of following the plan and I got up the project. So I’m a fan of it and I think it’s worth it if you need some guidance but not a full plan. 

Kryank 28 Oct 2021

I have just been playing with the idea of upgrading to Crimped + too, so this thread has come at the right time. I like the free version but just wondered how much better the “+”version was.

In reply to Fishmate:

I think that free version is very good. The only problem is there is no sound to the videos.

I think you are right about not being worth it for a bit of flexibility, mobility etc.

In reply to DaveHK:

Hi.

I need to get back in the rock!

In reply to chadogrady:

I don't have any projects I mind at the moment but I think I do need some guidance in what to train.

I went to Malham Cove to check the crag out and fell in love with the crag.

In reply to Duncan Disorderly:

I am not sure how motivated I am.

Si dH 29 Oct 2021
In reply to chadogrady:

Does creating a plan in crimpd+ depend on use of the crimpd app effort metric at all? I always found that to be all over the place from one exercise to the next in crimpd, so wouldn't want to do anything that relied on it. 

Thanks

> I am not sure how motivated I am.

This is my problem too… I did a periodised plan with Tom back in 2011 (pre lattice) and definitely got a lot out of it (basically F7b to F7c) but I definitely struggle to maintain training psyche when there isn’t a definitive schedule (and, sorry to say, an element of needing to get my money’s worth!)… 

I’ve tried writing my own plans and keeping a training log (which I still do) but it generally all goes out the window after a brief honeymoon period and I just revert to going climbing with my mates or girlfriend…

chadogrady 29 Oct 2021
In reply to Si dH:

I’m not too sure what you mean by effort metric? Is that workload? 

Si dH 29 Oct 2021
In reply to chadogrady:

> I’m not too sure what you mean by effort metric? Is that workload? 

Yes, sorry, I forgot what they call it

In reply to Duncan Disorderly:

Great improvement in sport grade by the way.

biscuit 29 Oct 2021
In reply to Si dH:

I had a complicated spreadsheet to try and work out workload for people. When i compared it looks like Lattice and I used the same research and i asked Tom if he minded me using CRIMPd as it was a lot easier for patients.

I don't disagree with much of it tbh and like calorie counters it's more about recording things relatively. As long as you are recording load and change reliably it'll pretty much do the job.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...