UKC

Mounting Micros at Home

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 SteveJC94 03 Oct 2022

Does anyone have any recommendations on how best to mount 3 pairs of micro holds at home (10mm, 8mm, 6mm). They'll be mounted above a relatively narrow door so having all 6 holds side by side isn't feasible. 

How easy would it be to create a similar setup to the one pictured below? (glue the staggered bits of ply to each other, then screw the whole contraption to the wall perhaps?). Or is there a simpler way of doing this. 

Thanks in advance! 

alx 03 Oct 2022
In reply to SteveJC94:

I use the stepped approach as shown in your picture, you don’t actually need that much wood for a backboard, plus pre-mounting everything before it goes on the wall means it’s easier to get the levels right when finally fixing the whole piece in place.

J Whittaker 03 Oct 2022
In reply to SteveJC94:

I use the approach where I mount them on the underside of a door to prevent it moving as I am far too weak to use them for their intended purpose.

OP SteveJC94 03 Oct 2022
In reply to alx:

Nice one, thanks! Did you glue or screw the "steps" together? 

alx 03 Oct 2022
In reply to SteveJC94:

Both! In one instance I could rest the board on top of the door frame which I had packed out with the best part of a tube of no more nails with prior to mounting the board. Door frame didn’t move a bit even when I added a campus rung directly to it.

fyi I’m 100kg to give you a reference.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...