UKC

New Training Gym: Stroud

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 mcflute 17 Apr 2024

I'm part of a community group of climbers trying to establish a new community owned training gym in Stroud. It will be an unmanned facility on key fob access 24hr.

None of us have done this before and we are looking for advice on:

Insurance

Legals

Structures

Precedent

Any help is greatly appreciated as we are hoping to secure a site imminently and we wish to pin costs down to build funding budgets ASAP.

Al

Alastair dot p dot Scott at gmail

​​

mutt 20:43 Tue
In reply to mcflute:

15,30and 45 degree symmetric  system board with a variety of wooden holds plus two sizes of foot holds. Hold would be the principle cost. Campus board, a few finger boards and some scaffolding for pull ups rings, trx. Set of second hand weight lifting sets and a set of used kettle bells. Crash matting at about 100 quid per sq meter.

Insurance -get quotes. Public liability, professional indemnity, and the other one commonly insure up to 5 million per event but how much it costs depends on the proposal

Don't forget rates on top of rent, though a charity might find a way out of that?

And how are you going to control entry with mis-users key code sharing online or key fob sharing? Or tailgating.  Web cams? Get in touch if you want to use biometrics. I can help there. A robust system will keep insurance costs down.

Hope it works out for you.

Inhambane 06:01 Wed
In reply to mcflute:

There is a wall in Galway that runs like this perhaps you could reach out 

In reply to mcflute:

The School Room is a good place to start, and operates 24h. Membership rather than community owned

youtube.com/watch?v=OK7GsUGqT7I&

Paul

tjdodd 08:27 Wed
In reply to mcflute:

I don't know if it is still running but worth contacting

The Chapel

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...