UKC

off-the-wall training poll

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mutt 29 Jan 2024

Just trying to get a feel for how people train for better climbing performance. On-the-wall is just climb to get good at climbing, and off-the-wall is anything else that you might do specifically to improve the climbing grade.

Who engages in off-the-wall training (strength, flexibility, endurance) to improve their on the wall performance

I do - and the facilities are available at my climbing gym
40 votes | 0%
I don't - and the facilities are available at my climbing gym
17 votes | 0%
I do - but I have to go elsewhere
11 votes | 0%
I don't - and to do so I'd have to go elsewhere
2 votes | 0%
Login to vote
 afx22 29 Jan 2024
In reply to mutt:

The choices don’t cover it for me.  I do a bit of “off the wall training’ both at my local climbing centres AND elsewhere (at home and a gym at work).

In reply to mutt:

Does board count as on or off?

SteveJC94 29 Jan 2024
In reply to mutt:

Not necessarily for performance benefits, but I try and do strength & conditioning at least once a week for injury prevention (particularly shoulders). 

OP mutt 31 Jan 2024
In reply to mutt:

Very high level analysis then 2/3 of climbers of this parish do off-the-wall training when the facilities are available at the wall. But roughly 1/4 of those who want to do off the wall training don't have the facilities to do so at the wall. 

Question then is how big is the set of those who aren't served well by their wall in that respect? Can anyone elucidate with daya?

McHeath 31 Jan 2024
In reply to mutt:

Think you‘ve missed the set of climbers like me who do train off the wall, whose local wall has the facilities, but who prefer to do it at home with their own equipment. None of the voting options would fit for me (#3: I don’t „have“ to go elsewhere; I just prefer to).

OP mutt 01 Feb 2024
In reply to McHeath:

noted thanks but I don't seem to be able to edit the poll - sorry. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...