UKC

Parking near The Font, Wandsworth

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jamie Wakeham 19 Jan 2023

It looks like there's plentiful free parking in the streets surrounding The Font.  What are my odds of finding a space if I arrive at about 11am on a Saturday morning?

I'm coming from Oxford, and my default way to get into London is to park at Hillingdon and take the tube, but it looks like it might be simpler and faster to drive all the way there?  I'm in an EV so I think I can ignore any of the low emission zone restrictions?

P4riah 19 Jan 2023
In reply to Jamie Wakeham:

Not really sure about parking but you might want to check if AFC Wimbledon are playing on the day you are planning to come as that will complicate things

lorentz 19 Jan 2023

Reckon you'll be fine. The Font is in an industrial building area and not that convenient a walk to either Earlsfield Station or AFC Wimbledon (which would be the other competion for parking.) The residential streets around are by and large only permit monday - friday. There ought to be plentiful recharge bays around the area by now too, though don't know how hotly contested they are at the weekend.

Worse case scenario head toward Tooting Broadway and jump a 44 bus toward Wandsworth and get off at Swaffield Road stop. Coming through town that time of day, the south circular can be a bit shite, mind. Consider M25 round to A3 and up as an option. (Watch out for Surrey police speed vans on the A3 on a Saturday! They often hunt in pairs.)

OP Jamie Wakeham 19 Jan 2023

Thanks, both!  That does simplify things for me. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...