UKC

Physio and/or Pilates in Sheffield

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

I'm recovering from a sequestered disc in my lower back and slowly getting back to work and gentle climbing. I've been seeing an NHS physio every 6 weeks or so who's been giving me some pointers but I think it'd be useful to see someone else to get some other perspectives. Now I'm back at work I'll be able to actually afford to pay someone! But money is still pretty tight.

I've been experimenting with and learning about different stretching/exercise regimes and Pilates seems to be working pretty well for me. I've been doing some beginners youtube videos regularly and I was thinking about looking for a class.

Does anyone have any personal recommendations for physios or pilates classes? Ideally somewhere near Crookes.

dunc56 10 Jun 2022
In reply to pancakeandchips:

I hear Johnny Depp was playing on stage in Sheffield.

Oh, you said Pilates !

Post edited at 13:40
 helin 11 Jun 2022
In reply to pancakeandchips:

Hi I've tried a few pilates classes in Sheffield and 100% recommend Ruth. Her FB is ruthalisonpilates. The studio is off Abbeydale Rd but you could try her online classes. Ruth's a climber and a great pilates teacher. The zoom classes work really well. It may be worth paying for a private lesson though if your back is still really bad, or give Ruth a call. 

And Thomas Mitchell at Remedyphysio, on Glossop Rd is a good physiotherapist 

In reply to helin:

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll check them out.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...