UKC

Shoulder. Bursal Acromial Reconstruction (BAR)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Hi, just wondering if anyone has had a BAR, Bursal Acromial Reconstruction/Resurfacing as it has been recommended for me. If  so, was it successful and how long did it take you to recover?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

HB1 06 Mar 2024
In reply to Christheclimber:

Hi Chris - sorry to hear of your woes (too much bouldering eh?!) I know it's not the same thing, but I dislocated my shoulder November '22 - took an hour or so surgery A&E (so I'm told) and after 4 months or so I tried wall-climbing - very tentatively. Lots of rehab exercises help, but it took me a long time to trust that the shoulder wouldn't give way when pulling on it alone on something overhanging - even  on something innocuous - a 5 in the Sanctuary FGS - couldn't trust it  not to give way and backed off-still not sure now- I've not climbed  outside since (apart from Windgather) - I'll be testing it soon - good luck!     Richard

In reply to HB1:

Hi Richard, long time no see!

I’ve a full thickness tear of my supraspinatus which may not be repairable due to it happening some time ago. It has retracted and there is a significant loss of muscle, basically it’s fooked and isn’t working. The BAR is a relatively new surgical procedure but I hadn’t heard of it or of anyone having it. I had the same supraspinatus and infraspinatus repaired in 2010. 
Sorry to hear about your shoulder dislocation, I hope you are back climbing again very soon.

Chris

Bump.

Thought I’d try a last bump before surgery!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...