UKC

Heading back to the Peloponnese 2

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mikethebike 02 Apr 2023

Hi all.

A quick follow up to my original post a couple of months ago.

Flew into Athens and stayed for a few days in and around the city. Climbed at:

Vrachokipos - great.

Mikri varasova - good in parts.

Chaos- ? Does anyone climb here anymore. No chalk ? Wondering if there's access issues? Lots of picnicking families up top. Lots of rubbish down below.

On to Manikia. Took the ferry (15mins) for the full  Island experience. Stayed for 5 days which was plenty. Weather was great,warm and sunny. Shade needed and this became tricky. Lots of South facing crags... The main North face area is bird banned from Jan-June. What/where we climbed was great but we won't be rushing back.

We stayed down on the coast in Kymi. Friends stayed in Vrysi. 

Napflio area was good. One bizarre encounter with a guy at Neraki. He was insistent and very vocal regarding the forbidden nature of the climbing at this sector. Couldn't find anything to back up his claims. There were plenty of other climbers there too who were unaware of any access problem's. Maybe somebody could enlighten us. 

Climbed for a day at Charamos. Great new addition in a pretty area.

Zobolo. Windiest 2 days of my climbing life .. great spot with plenty of new developments. Some of the original equipment is (visually)in a bad way. We stayed in Neapoli,an easy 20 min drive.

We are now at Lagada. A lot of new development going on here. Many new sector's,re-equipping and crag maintenance in progress. All very good.

Hope this is of some use to people. I'll update more as the trip goes on.

Mike

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...