UKC

"Needles" like La Fiamma or Salbit in the Alps?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 AkuOkka 27 Jan 2024

I've been visiting the Alps for a few weeks each summer for many years now, doing multi-pitch climbing. Last summer we climbed La Fiamma in Switzerland, and that got me thinking that I really do love climbs which end in a prominent "needle". I've also climbed Visite Obligatoire on Dibona which also had a narrow top. Salbit is on my list, but what other ones would you suggest?

HeMa 27 Jan 2024
In reply to AkuOkka:

Gran Capusin, Voie Suisse - O Sole Mio seems to be the easiest combo at ~6a for the crux and all free. Harder options available. Dent du Geant around the same parts.

Jesse Nagel 27 Jan 2024
In reply to AkuOkka:

Not as interesting the others maybe, but the Aiguillette d'Argentiere Arête Nord-Est intégrale - "La Biscante" (5c) is a nice and relaxed outing if you're around Chamonix. Make sure to wave to all the Tour Mont Blanc passersby.

Post edited at 12:33
 tjhare1 27 Jan 2024
In reply to AkuOkka:

Republique and Aiguille de Roc very much for the bill.

OP AkuOkka 27 Jan 2024

Great recommendations so far, thanks guys! And keep'em coming. I guess I should specify that we're looking for routes up to 6b unbolted and maybe 6c bolted. Easier ones are great too of course, and someone else might be interested in even harder ones. So if anything comes to mind, speak up 😃

tjekel 28 Jan 2024
In reply to AkuOkka:

There is a german language book looking at "Türme" (literally, Torres): https://stefanstadler.com/tuerme-50-klettertouren/

Hit the pdf, the last page gives you an overview of 50 alpine sugestions.

tehmarks 28 Jan 2024
In reply to AkuOkka:

I was about to suggest the Aiguille de la Republique - but I see I've been beaten to it.

Post edited at 15:29
 Toerag 29 Jan 2024
In reply to AkuOkka:

There must be some in the Dolomites. Vajolet towers?

ChrisBrooke 29 Jan 2024
In reply to AkuOkka:

Not the alps, but El Puro Normal (6b) has a very cool pointy mini-summit. And of course, Riglos is well worth a visit if you've not been before.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...